June 26, 27, 28 Huntsville—July 17, 18, 19 Decatur; 9am-1pm each day, Quilt Block Challenge Camp is open to ages 12-17 years of age: What can you do with a few fabrics? Join us for our 1st Youth Quilt Design Challenge! Learn basic quilting techniques while challenging yourself to make a quilt block that incorporates the required fabrics. You can pre-register to rent a machine to use in class for $25 or bring your own. At the end of the week you may purchase that machine at a Special Price and the rental fee will be deducted from the price of the machine. Awards will be given at the conclusion of the camp! All fabrics & most supplies will be furnished but students will be required to bring a few things to work with for this class. $150 Fee provides students a teacher, fabrics, rotary cutting mat and ruler (to own), snacks & drinks. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP JUNE 12-HUNTSVILLE, JULY 5-DECATUR
S & R Quilt Block Challenge Rules
- Blocks are to be constructed by the students themselves.
- Blocks must be completed at S &V.
- Blocks can be original designs or traditional quilting patterns.
- The Blocks must measure 12” x 12” square complete. Blocks varying more than 1” larger or smaller will be disqualified from the judging.
- You must incorporate the required 3 fabrics in a recognizable way.
- You may purchase additional fabrics and/or bring in items from home.
- You may include hand stitching or machine stitching.
- Blocks will be judged based on craftsmanship, originality, and creative use of the required 3 fabrics.
- All blocks must be completed in the 12 hours of class time and stay at S&R until the end of class.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Grand Prize will be awarded to the Best of the Best Quilt Block.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!