Sassy Thread Catcher Class with Lynn Kidd
Sorry, this class is full. If you would like to call the store 256-536-5696 we will place you on the wait list in case someone doesn't come or we have a second class. Thank you for your interest.
Sassy Thread Catcher Class with Lynn Kidd Wednesday, April 17⋅9:30 am – 12:30 pm $30 this handy thread catcher will become your favorite sewing item! This class will give you a lesson a basic paper piecing without it being overwhelming. So a great introduction into Paper Piecing Quilting. We have some fabulous new fabrics to brighten up your sewing room too! As always ask for your class discount when purchasing your class supplies. This is an adult sewing class.
You will need: Your sewing machine, cord and foot control, needles and other tools for your machine, scissors, and straight pins, and other basic sewing supplies and feet for your machine. You may want to bring a Cut-N-Press (see below) (click this link to add it to your cart) that has the area to press and opposite side to use a rotary cutter to cut your tiny pieces. If you have a small iron you can bring that too (Click to add one to your cart). This will keep you from having to jump up and down pressing each tiny piece.
- 1 Fat Quarter (18”x22”) for the outer bag fabric
- 1 Fat Quarter (18”x22”) for the bag lining, ceramic tile cover, hanging tab and scissor tab
- Coordinating scraps for the pincushion-Cut twenty (20) 2”x6” pieces
- One (1) piece fabric 6”x6” for the pincushion back
- One (1) piece 8”x18” heavyweight sew-in interfacing (such as Pellon 50)
- One (1) piece 6”x6” piece of lightweight fusible interfacing
- One (1) piece of cotton batting 5 ¼ x 5 1/2” (Warm & Natural type)
- One (1) piece of cotton batting 6”x 6” (Warm & Natural type)
- Thread to match your fabrics
- Small button for the back of the pincushion
- One (1) ¾ to 1” decorative button for the top of the pincushion
- Rotary Cutter and Cutting mat
- One ceramic tile
- One piece of boning (S&R is going to have)
- Two pieces of Hook and Loop Tape or strong Velcro
- Crushed walnut shells for the pincushion filling (S&R has for sale)
- Add a Quarter Ruler is helpful but not absolutely necessary, or a clear acrylic ruler with ¼” markings
- Water soluble or heat erasable marking pens
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!